Monday, July 19, 2010

Ask, and It Will Be Given

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? -Matthew 7:7-10

One of my prayers, at the beginning of this trip was for God to reveal at least one Hmong person to me. Did he do that? Yes, he did that and more. I met the first two Hmong guys at Baptist Bible College in Bangkok. It was amazing because God not only blessed me with one Hmong person, but two! Both are the only Christian in their household and are serving the Lord with all they have.



On the first Sunday at Ban Suan Church, God blessed me another Hmong person. There I met a Hmong grandma who came to hear the word. She is the only one in her family who is a Christian and loves Jesus a lot! She lives with her nephew selling fried chicken and babysitting. After church, she invited me and Brian to visit her sister's house down the road. They welcomed us whole hearty and asked us about life in the States and all. I also got the opportunity to talk and hear about their life here in Thailand. The grandma's sister said she use to be a christian, but she married her husband and she followed his religion (it was some Thai word I couldn't understand). I told the grandma that she should encourage her sister to come to church to find rest and peace.



The next Sunday at Ban Suan church I got the opportunity to meet a Hmong family who use to come to Ban Suan church. When we started to talk he told me that him and his family are in the process of going to America. He said that his relative came to talk with him the other day to finalize everything and they should be leaving soon to America within 3 months. I asked him where he was going and he told me that a church in Georgia is sponsoring him so he's going there. He then starts to show me the address of the Church and his relative and well, it was no other than Pastor Thai Her. It's crazy of how small this world is. I told him that I know Pastor Thai Her and that I've been to the church and all. I also got to talk and play with his son who is about 6 or 7 years old (He doesn't know how old he is). This little boy knows more Hmong and Thai than I do. He is fluent in both language and is about to become fluent in English too. That's crazy awesome!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Nuche! I know that God's working through your life to touch all these peeps! Have fun in Thailand and tell us all about what God has done through you during your stay... seeyA!

    - Tys -

    ReplyDelete